For my first Design Project I decided to focus on malaria medicines, more specifically in the counterfeit problems that these medicines face. I made a basic diagram that shows the processes in which the medicine is involved, from the early stages in its manufacturing to the final phase where it has reached the end-user. The information I’ve researched so far and making this diagram allowed me to analyze in what stages of the process there could be problems related to counterfeit and where I could focus my project.
Although many of the problems seem to repeat, this shows where I could focus my project and the possible reach of my ideas. For example I could come up with some kind of solution that focuses only in one specific stage or maybe an idea that allows counterfeit to be reduced all along the logistic process.